Terms and Conditions – Leisure King Ltd Trading As www.try2escape.co.uk
These terms and conditions apply to the provision of online services detailed in the website www.try2escape.co.uk created by Leisure King Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales, company number 07406491 and you, the client. Our contact details can be found at the foot of this document.
2) You accept these terms and conditions by agreeing to purchase an online activity, either via the try2escape website or a third party reseller website or in writing via a quotation and any other documents expressly referred to within it.
3) You agree to these terms and conditions to the exclusion of any other terms you try to impose or incorporate.
4) We may amend these terms from time to time so repeat clients should check for any changes every time you order from us.
Definitions / Interpretation of Terms
5) ‘Client’ means the individual, business, charity or other organisation making the booking for equipment hire, other related service or the purchase of goods, equipment or bespoke items.
6) ‘Company’ or ‘Us / our’ means Leisure King Ltd, its subsidiaries and/or sub-contractors.
7) ‘Provisional Booking’ means an order placed with us via any means either verbally or in writing which we agree to subject to receipt of a deposit or full payment within a stated time frame.
8) ‘Confirmed booking’. Upon receipt of a deposit or full balance we regard your provisional booking as confirmed. A booking form alone does not constitute a confirmed booking.
9) ‘Price’ means the total amount payable by you in respect of this contract to us.
10) ‘Event out of our control’ Means an event that we have no control over such as, but not limited to, industrial action, extreme weather conditions, terrorism, government restrictions or civil unrest.
Terms of Payment, Deposits, Payments and Prices
11) The price for each contract is a fixed fee, as outlined in your quote or on our website(s).
12) All prices are subject to VAT at the current rate. Online prices include VAT.
13) All bulk purchases are subject to prepayment before voucher codes will be released.
14) All bespoke activities and games will require full payment (or agreed step payments) with order before any work by us can commence, you must ensure payment is with us by the cutoff date to ensure your product is created in time for your event – any delay with payment may mean we cannot provide your goods in time but your balance will still be due.
15) All balances for bespoke activities are due 14 days prior to the event date unless alternative terms of payment have been agreed and a credit account application has been received and accepted.
16) Any balances in excess of credit facilities will be required subject to our standard terms.
17) All step payments are non-refundable once work commences on bespoke activities
18) All online payments are non-refundable once download takes place
19) Payments can be made by credit or debit card or bank transfer GBP only.
20) Prices are subject to change at any time; however quoted prices will be honored for 30 days subject to availability.
21) We take reasonable care to ensure our prices are correct at the time of quoting, however, if a genuine and honest mistake has been made we reserve the right to change the price or cancel the contract. You also have the right to cancel the contract if you do not agree to the new price.
22) Cancellations incur charges as per our ‘Cancellation’ section below.
23) We reserve the right to charge interest on all overdue accounts at 2% above the base lending rate of the Bank of England until the balance due is paid in full.
24) Any bespoke activities or games may incur additional charges if changes are made to the brief or additional time is incurred on the back end due to third party suppliers.
25) Online or digital purchases and downloads are licensed for use for the stated term – any use in excess of the stated use time may incur additional charges.
Sub-contracting and Assignment
26) We can, at any time, assign, transfer or sub-contract all or any of our rights under these terms and conditions and can subcontract or delegate any or all of our obligations to any responsible third party.
27) You must not, without our prior written consent, assign, transfer, charge or subcontract or deal with in any other manner with all or any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions.
Termination / Cancellation and Refunds
28) We can terminate this contract immediately if you
a. Breach any of the terms and conditions of this contract
b. Fail to make payment by the due day
c. If we become aware of your pending or actual insolvency or face bankruptcy. In these circumstances you must tell us if you face insolvency or bankruptcy as soon as it becomes likely
29) Cancelled bookings are subject to the following charges:
o Step payments made up to the date of cancellation are non-refundable
o Online refunds will be given if our systems fail and the game cannot be accessed within a fair time frame
30) All refunds will be made via bank transfer or to the original credit or debit card. Cheques or cash will not be issued.
31) Refunds will be made within 2 weeks of the refund being agreed upon by a company director
32) Client responsibilities; you must contact us on the day of play or the day after so we may begin an investigation into your complaint/request for a refund. Requests for refunds made more than 48 hours after your event may be refused. You must abide by our terms and conditions. Failure to do so may result in a claim for a refund being refused in certain circumstances.
33) We retain all copyright and intellectual property of physical and digital goods and services supplied in connection with our contract. Any unauthorized resale is strictly forbidden
34) Where bespoke or branded goods are being designed by us and then supplied to you, we retain the intellectual property and copyright until full payment is received.
35) Any artwork, designs, logos or trademarks displayed on our website or any other form of communication are the sole property of Leisure King Ltd. No other use or copies of these are permitted without written consent.
36) No copying, streaming or sharing of the website contents via any medium is permitted without written consent.
Equipment, Health & Safety and Your Obligations
37) Health and safety documentation is available on request. It is your responsibility to ensure your venue has all the documentation they require prior to an event.
38) You are responsible for obtaining any licenses or permits required for your event and to share them with us where appropriate for display.
39) Changes to product descriptions may occur at any time as product ranges are continually updated and improved. If you require specific descriptions, please inform us of your requirements and we will do our best to inform you accurately.
40) Not all the content of our activities or games may be suitable for under 18’s. If this is the case, this will be signposted at point of sale. No contract of purchase will be entered into with a person under the age of 18.
41) Our staff have the right to work in a safe environment and will not tolerate any verbal or virtual abuse. Any online assistance or virtual support will be terminated in the event of such abuse and no refund will be given.
Liability and Indemnity
42) Our liability, under these Terms and Conditions shall be limited as set out in this section.
43) Our liability is limited to the total amount of fees payable by you under the contract.
44) We will not be held responsible for and delay or failure to perform our obligations due to an event outside of our control. If our obligations can be met at a later date we will attempt to carry out these obligations.
45) By placing an order with us and paying the fee, it is deemed that you have read, understood and agree to all our terms and conditions. If you wish to change any of these terms and conditions of contract, you must state this in writing and receive a written agreement to the change from us, otherwise these standard terms apply.
46) We accept no liability for the damage to or loss of personal property and or injury resulting from the use of our goods and services.
47) We accept no liability for the loss of profits or anticipated profits, loss or damage to data, reputation, goodwill, business interruption or to any third parties.
Severance, law and jurisdiction
48) If one or more of these terms is deemed to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms will remain in force.
49) This agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales and any disputes will be subject to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Registered number: 7406491
VAT No. 124 6671 16
Registered office: Blue Rocket, 8 Twistleton Court, Priory Hill, Dartford, Kent, DA1 2EN.
Trading address: Unit 3, May Avenue Industrial Estate, Northfleet, Kent, DA11 8RU
Effective Date: 01/10/2020